Saturday, February 23, 2008

London Hotel, May 2005

London, May 3-7 2005

Thistle Charing Cross
The Strand, Central London, WC2N 5HX
Phone: 0870 333 9105
Fax: 0870 333 9205
Email: CharingCross@Thistle.co.uk
http://www.thistlehotels.com/thistle/hotels/
I booked my hotel via Priceline.com. For expensive London, this is the only way to go! The “regular“ hotel rate during my stay was around $380/night. I requested a non-smoking, king bedroom. My room, #904, was located in the second building. Room 904 is actually on the 6th floor. Who knows why they numbered the rooms on the 6th floor with 900 series? My room, an executive room, was very nicely decorated with a king bed, sitting area with table and 2 chairs, desk, tv, and tiled bathroom with bidet, hair dryer, and speakers to listen to the tv. The view from my window faced the Thames, but the train station building blocked my view of the Eye. The room had been renovated and was decorated in red and cream colors. It was very elegant. The closet contained a room safe, bathrobe, ample closet space, and an iron and ironing board. There was also a mini-bar, but I certainly didn’t use it, as the prices for the drinks were outrageous! Complimentary bottled water was provided. The a/c drowned out any outside noise, including the hum of the trains from the station underneath the building. For the quality, comfort of the room, the price I paid, and the friendly service I received, I would stay at the Charing Cross again.

No comments: