Saturday, May 19, 2012

Les Folies Brasserie

Les Folies in Annapolis Maryland is a wonderful French brasserie. Set along side of a busy road, you can easily miss it, as the building is quite plain and certainly doesn't shout "We're a French brasserie!" Inside is different. It's warm and inviting with a friendly decor. It takes me back to Paris...well, somewhat.

The menu is long with lots of traditional French items: Escargot, mussels Provençales, country pate, French onion soup, fish soup, salad Nicoise, croque monsieur, coq au vin, etc.

I've eaten here twice now. The first time (a few months ago) was for brunch with my family. Brunch consists of a menu where you can pick two: appetizer and entree or entree and dessert. I had the pate, which was very good. Sorry to say I don't member what else I had but do remember it was a good meal.

Back again recently (May 14th) I had lunch with my father.

I enjoyed the lump crabmeat flan with lobster sauce. The flan was light and airy and there was plenty of tender lump crabmeat. The sauce had a wonderful flavor of lobster but it wasn't overly rich.
My entree was the pan seared salmon, served with a sweet bell pepper sauce and vegetables. The salmon was tender (I always seem to overcook salmon at home) and it was a large portion (leftovers that evening).

















My father always orders the smoked salmon appetizer (huge portion).



Instead of an entrée, my father had the fried calamari - another favorite of his. That was some of the best calamari I've had - perfectly cooked, tender, and not greasy.













The waitresses were professional and friendly. It's quite an enjoyable place to dine. I wish there was a restaurant like this where I live.

Restaurant Information:


410.573.0970
2552 Riva Road
Annapolis, MD 2140  | Contact Us
Hours:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30-2:30pm
Dinner: Mon-Sat 5:30-9:30 pm
Sunday Dinner: 5-9 pm

No comments: